Parramatta Eels 2021 Indigenous Jersey
Running through the main part of the jersey are 2 rivers, the Parramatta and Georges River. Paying respect to the Darug people is Parramatta River which was used by the Burramattagal People, who are a clan of the Darug, not only as a food source but a place of gathering for many clans.
The Georges River pays respect to a great Aboriginal Worrier, Pemulwuy who was born around 1750 north of the Georges River. Pemulwuy is a Darug word meaning earth/clay. He was well respected as a ‘clever man’ who fought for his people and his land.
In 1797 Pemulwuy led a raid of approximately 100 Aboriginal Warriors on Toongabbie government farm. This battle is known as “the battle of Parramatta”. During this battle Pemulwuy was shot 7 times and as a sign of respect the settlers took him to hospital for treatment. The yellow dots represent these warriors and their great fight against settlers for their land.
This 2021 Parramatta Eels Indigenous Jersey features:
- Parramatta Eels and NRL logos
- Indigenous artwork sublimated onto jersey designed by Danielle Mate
- Sublimated sponsor logos including Aland, Acton Air, Lending Association, Macron and NRL licensing logo's
- 100% polyester fabric with stretch panels for improved fit
- Slim Fit - please refer to size chart for dimensions, but fit is slimmer than previous editions suggest to go up at least one size
- Manufactured by Macron